We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and communication through your claim process, repair, or remodel. When it comes to your home or business, you must have a team of experienced professionals you can trust. Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
What Does The AGC Repair And Renovation Process Look Like?
Many of our customers have never experienced significant water or fire damage to their property and don’t know what to expect when it happens to them. To help guide our customers through this process, we have created this simple graphic to illustrate the steps that start with the initial phone call and lead to restoring your home to its pre-loss condition.
- Initial Contact. The Restoration Process starts with a phone call from a customer needing assistance with repairs to their property.
- Schedule Appointment. One of our Project Managers will respond and schedule an initial meeting with the customer to assess the scope of the restoration project. They can also provide sample copies of our Contract Documents at the customer’s request and explain the process. These documents will include a copy of our “Pre-Construction” checklist and a letter outlining our process.
- Site Visit And Initial Meeting. Suppose an estimate is not already available from your Adjuster. In that case, a Project Manager will visit the home, complete a sketch of the property, and document the needed repairs with photographs and notes. They will also review our process with the customer; discuss the scope of work, and answer any questions the customer may have.
- Estimate Phase. Back at the office, the Project Manager will either review (if provided by the insurance Adjuster) or create a preliminary estimate and identify all items that need customer input, such as color and material selections.
- Estimate Presentation. If your insurance company covers this event, we may ask you to sign an Authorization to Perform Services and Direction of the Payment form. If this is not a covered event, and the customer (or Insurance Adjuster) is satisfied with the estimate, we will convert the estimate into a contract for signature. The estimate may include allowances for items the customer will need to select.
- Contract Signing. The required documents will be sent to the customer for review and approval. In many cases, this can be done via email. However, we can also schedule a meeting to review the documents with the customer before signing.
- Pre-Construction. Before commencing construction, we will review the “Pre-Construction Checklist” and provide the customer with a list of actions they will need to complete, including the date by which they are required, including any selections they have not yet completed. It may also include approvals from their Homeowners Association and Mortgage Company.
- Construction Phase. During construction, we will provide weekly updates on the project’s status. We may also schedule progress inspections at various stages of construction with the customer if needed. If any changes are required, we will ask the customer to sign a Change Order for the change requested
- Completion Phase. As the construction phase closes, a Quality Control Inspection will be completed by the assigned contractor. If needed, we can schedule a walk-through with the customer to present the completed project and answer any questions they may have.
- Affidavit of Completion. After the customer has signed our Affidavit of Completion indicating acceptance of the work performed, we will ask them to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey.
Why Is Ascension Of General Contractors The Best Choice For Renovation And Repairs?
We’re an excellent choice for your renovation and repairs because we have an excellent staff! Our staff is:
- Fully bonded
At Ascension General Contractors, we are specialists in repairs after property losses with clear communication from start to finish. Learn more about our projects here. Contact us online or by phone at (615) 802 9063 to discuss your renovation and repair needs.