Color has a powerful influence on our lives. It can affect our moods, our emotions, and even our health! Since that is the case, choosing the right paint colors for your home is essential to home maintenance.
How Do You Determine The Best Color Of Paint For Your Nashville Home Exterior?
Selecting the right color for your home exterior will be a different process than when you determine the ideal hues for indoors. For example, you may have an HOA that has outlined the preferred colors to use, or you may live in a neighborhood where your neighbors care about the overall appearance of your area.
- When selecting your colors, work with the architectural details of your home, such as the color of your shingles and the texture of your siding – like natural wood or faux stone.
- Is your home Tudor or Victorian? A Farmhouse-Style or Craftsman-Style Home? Cape Cod or Modern? The style of your home should inform the selection of your exterior paint.
- Do you feel best around warm colors or cool colors? What about dark colors or light colors? Do you prefer bright and vibrant tones or neutral and muted tones? Answering these questions can help you determine the right paint combinations for your home.
- Talk to your neighbors and see if they have any suggestions; this could help keep the peace!
How Do You Select The Right Paint Color for Your Nashville House’s Interior?
When choosing paint colors for your interior, you have many more things to consider. Each room will have its personality and qualities, of course. When selecting paint colors for your home, your goal is to create the perfect ambiance in every room.
- Bathroom. White, pastel yellow, peach, neutrals: these shades are relaxing and flattering to all skin tones.
- Kitchen. Light orange and other citrus colors, cream, blues, or pure white; these colors stimulate the appetite.
- Living Space. Maroon, dove gray, teal, white: choosing these colors will bring inspiration that invigorates human interaction.
- Bedroom. Blue, green, silver: these shades help you get your best sleep.
- Office. Yellow, green, light blue: Such hues help you focus and avoid distractions.
When it’s time for a home or business renovation, call Ascension General Contractors at (615) 802 9063! We are here to help you with all your home improvement projects, including painting your Nashville home’s interior and exterior.