Today’s high fuel prices are affecting everyone, from the private citizen to all types of industry owners, and general contractors are not exempt. These high fuel prices mean the costs will be passed on to the consumer.
A responsible contractor will be concerned about lowering costs for their client wherever possible. Keep reading to find out how contractors are navigating the high fuel cost.
What Are Three Top Tips A Contractor Can Use To Navigate High Fuel Costs?
- How fleet vehicles and heavy construction equipment are used or maintained significantly impacts their fuel efficiency. Harsh driving, speeding, idling, and poor maintenance practices can all reduce the fuel economy of a truck or piece of construction equipment. With fleet management software, contractors can identify how employees and subcontractors use their fleet equipment. These software tools can track and flag behaviors that make equipment less fuel-efficient.
- Upgrading vehicles or equipment that use alternative fuels can help contractors reduce their overall fuel expenses while also making their business more sustainable – a potential selling point for environmentally-focused clients.
- Renting vehicles can also help contractors manage rising fuel prices. A vehicle purchase locks the buyer into a particular make, model, and fuel efficiency, and a purchased vehicle will slowly become obsolete over time. With renting, however, the contractor will always have access to the newest and most fuel-efficient construction vehicles or machines.
How Does AGC Manage Higher Costs?
We are committed to ensuring that our clients get the best price possible on all our projects and services.
- We streamline your repairs to begin soon after any cleanup is finished to minimize downtime, which can end up costing our clients both time and money.
- Whether your project entails an entire remodel or repairs to your family home, Ascension General Contractors is known for our ability to align with the project quickly needs to keep projects running smoothly and on time, avoiding unnecessary extra costs.
- Our team can guide clients through their residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit their needs so that our clients don’t spend more than they need to.
At Ascension General Contractors, we’re committed to completing all your repair and renovation projects professionally and promptly. To find out what your Nashville friends and neighbors say about working with us, check out our testimonial page!