Your walls comprise a large part of your Nashville home’s interior design. Whether you hang photos or artwork on them or leave them bare, walls set the tone for the look and style of the rest of your space. Walls can have a decorative finish in many ways and techniques, from a solid paint color to a painted pattern or the addition of wallpaper.
Paint and wallpaper are the two most common methods of treating your walls, but both provide very different looks. Keep reading to find out more concerning the pros and cons between these looks below so you can make the best decisions for your Nashville home remodeling project.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using Wallpaper In Your Home Remodel Project?
Wallpaper has made a comeback recently and can be an exciting way to refresh rooms in your home without breaking the bank. It has some excellent features, as well as some aspects that you should think about before making your final remodeling decision.
The pros of using wallpaper:
- It is durable and long-lasting
- It offers many patterns and styles
- It does not chip
- It does not easily peel
The cons of using wallpaper:
- It can be expensive
- It is affected by humidity
- It is not always easy to clean
- It can be difficult to remove
- It must be professionally hung
- It may harm the resale of the home
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using Paint For My Home Remodel?
Painting your home is one of the most popular ways to give your spaces a quick facelift. Here are some reasons you may want to paint and a few challenges you may face.
The pros: of using paint
- It comes in many colors and choices
- It can be applied using many patterns
- It is unaffected by humidity
- Includes some types that are easy to clean
- It makes it easy to change colors
- May be DIY
The cons of using paint:
- It can chip or peel
- Colors may harm resale
- It is not as long-lasting as wallpaper
The Ascension General Contractors team has over 40 years of combined experience in remodeling! We take pride in our reliability, excellent communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and do our best to keep you as informed as possible throughout your task or project, from start to finish.
Our staff is:
- And fully bonded!