When planning a home remodeling project, comfort and aesthetics are usually the aspects you’ll consider first. After all, unless you’re selling your Nashville home right away, you must live with the results!
It’s also important to consider the added value a remodel will bring; the return on your investment (or ROI) will put you in the black, or you’ll lose money. Make sure you know beforehand how your project will affect you financially to avoid any unpleasant surprises!
What Are Some Popular Home Remodel Trends For 2023?
It’s helpful to look around and see what other homeowners are doing to improve their homes, especially if you plan to sell your home soon. You can find inspiration for your home remodeling job even if you don’t!
In 2023, homeowners are choosing to:
- Create a serene, spa-like environment in their bathrooms to provide a place to relax and unwind after a long day.
- Save space by installing dishwashers, sinks, and trash pullouts in multi-purpose islands, leaving much more room throughout their kitchens for other things. An island is also often the gathering place for family and friends, so the trend in 2023 is large seating areas around the island where everyone can gather.
- Add built-in storage for a more convenient, less invasive organizational system while keeping their home looking and feeling clean and pulled together.
- Add windows to multiple walls or install a floor-to-ceiling window wall as the focal point in a room. Large windows will transform a space most beautifully.
How Do I Determine If My Home Remodeling Plan Will Add Value To My Home?
Now that you’ve gotten some inspiration, it’s time to talk about added value. How do you determine whether or not your remodeling idea will be an excellent financial investment? Here are some helpful tips to help you:
- Calculate Costs. You can use this site to calculate your ROI. The average costs for 21 popular remodeling projects in 149 markets are compared with the value those projects will retain at resale in 100 U.S. markets. Check out this year’s trends and how they compare to prior years.
- Consider your area. Within regions and even within cities, there are variations in ROI. Consult experienced remodelers like AGC and local real estate agents about your area’s most popular and valuable projects.
- Do your research. The 2022 Cost vs. Value report compares the average costs of over 20 remodeling projects in 150 markets throughout the U.S. If you’re considering listing your home, these are the renovations that should top your to-do list.
Our experienced team at Ascension General Contractors is dependable, licensed, insured, and fully bonded! Call us about your Nashville home remodel today at (615) 802 9057. We look forward to earning your business!