Most hotel lobbies look pretty much the same. As a Nashville hotel owner, you’re always looking for ways to make your location stand out from the crowd, and a modern, well-designed hotel lobby is one of the best ways to make a good impression on your clientele and prospective guests.
What Are Some Benefits Of A Hotel Lobby Renovation?
- Get Noticed. As technology has become more prevalent in our day-to-day lives, travelers have come to expect a more connected hotel experience. They also expect a personable one. Your overall lobby design is an opportunity to engage guests and share your brand far and wide.
- Be Comfy. Your reception area may not be a selling point for your property, but with the proper setup and the right marketing, it can be. Younger travelers, in particular, are more likely to be attracted by a unique welcoming experience. One that replaces standing in line at a desk with relaxing at a sofa with a drink while your host checks you in. That could be just the thing. An innovative design will ensure that your Nashville hotel will stand out from a crowded field.
- Add Aesthetics. Be mindful and stay on trend! Fresh flowers positively affect mood and can leave people feeling more relaxed; they are simple to add to your space, too. Touch is something that also should not be overlooked when designing your hotel lobby. Soft furniture, like velvet couches or furry throw blankets, can give a sense of comfort and luxury. In addition, if you include rugs or other textured furnishings, it can eliminate echoes.
What Are Some Must-Haves For My Hotel Lobby?
Your lobby is where guests get their first impression of the hotel, so it’s essential to keep your brand identity in mind when designing your welcome area. A few elements that can have a significant impact here include:
- Lighting. Lighting is crucial for creating ambiance and can positively affect mood and energy levels. Walking into a hotel and seeing lots of natural light gives you a sense of friendliness and approachability, while lowered lighting encourages calm and helps you relax. Your lobby is multi-purpose – in addition to the check-ins and check-outs, people also like to hang out and relax here – it’s essential to have different lighting schemes in the lobby to help create various settings.
- Checking In. When designing your hotel lobby, it’s important to consider what you want the check-in experience to be. You may want your guests to perform self-check-ins, and you’ll want to make sure there is there somewhere comfortable they can sit by the kiosk. Or you may prefer a more traditional high desk that separates the front desk staff from guests. Perhaps you want to include sofas where staff members can sit with your guests and help them get checked in more informally.
- Clear Direction. Directing traffic is a vital function of an effective hotel lobby design. Fundamentally, the guests know where to go right away, whether you choose to designate a greeter to welcome guests at the entrance or use signage. You may want to use multilingual signage to direct your guests or have the furniture set in a way that leads people towards the front desk.
At Ascension General Contractors, we are committed to completing renovation and remodeling projects in a timely and professional manner. We are a full-service general contractor and proud to have served Nashville business owners and operators for ten years! You can take a look at what your friends and neighbors have to say about us and what we do here. Feel free to contact us anytime to learn more!