If a Middle Tennessee storm damages your Nashville home or business, you may be looking at extensive repairs and renovation. Knowing what to expect can go a long way in helping you manage what’s ahead.
Powerful winds or flooding from heavy rain are often part of a summer storm in this area; both can destroy roofs, siding, driveways and sidewalks, landscaping, basements, and just about anything else!
At Ascension General Contractors, we’ve compiled some of the key things we think you should know about disaster restoration after storm damage to help you be prepared.
What Should I Focus On First During Storm Damage Renovation?
Knowing what to do first is essential when you sustain storm damage.
- The first step following any damage to your property is to ensure that you take proper safety precautions. Once a storm has hit, there can be all kinds of hazards you will have to watch for; this could include collapsed roofing materials, window damage, standing water, and more. A professional disaster restoration company will help you immediately do the basics to ensure the property is secure and safe and prevent further damage.
- You will need to contact your insurance agent as soon as possible. Working with insurance companies following storm damage can be a complex process. Document damage and provide your insurance company with everything they need to complete your claim. Partnering with a professional repair and restoration company experienced in working with insurance companies can make the claims process much more manageable.
- After a storm, water damage is a big concern. Flooding due to heavy rainfall, plumbing issues, and more can all be cause for worry of further damage to your property. Hiring a professional company with the proper tools, qualified technicians, and knowledge to take care of the necessary restoration is best for flooding issues and concerns. Professionals will plan to remove standing water and dry the area to keep mold and mildew from growing by controlling the moisture. They can then focus on restoring drywall, hardwood floors, paint, and carpet affected by water damage.
Why Should I Partner With Ascension General Contractors For My Storm Damage Renovation Project?
Your choice of contractor is pivotal in getting the result you are hoping for. Hiring Ascension General Contractors means you will be working with
- An experienced, dependable, licensed, insured, and fully bonded staff
- Our industry relationships and experience give us the unique ability to guide you through the often complicated process of working with insurance during the claims process.
- Ascension General Contractors is known for its ability to align quickly with your project to keep it running smoothly and on schedule.
- Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
- Your Nashville friends and neighbors who have worked with us have some good things to say about what we do! Read their testimonials here.
If a storm has damaged your home, we are here to help! At Ascension General Contractors, we are committed to ensuring quality repairs in a timely and professional manner. We are a full-service general contractor proud to serve Nashville residents, business owners, and operators.