Storm damage to your roof can be extreme – such as a tree falling on your home – or it can be mild, resulting in loose or missing shingles. No matter what kind of damage your roof experiences, though, it might be difficult to determine what to do to start your roof repair process.
Let’s talk about things you need to know about roof repair after a storm.
What Should I Do First If My Roof Is Damaged By A Storm?
Your first steps after storm damage to your roof should be:
- The first thing you should do is call your homeowners’ insurance company if you suspect you have roof damage or if you notice some issues. After contacting them, the next steps will depend on your area and your specific insurance company. Your company may send out an adjuster, or they may ask you to find a general contractor to inspect your roof for damage.
- Make temporary fixes to avoid further damage to your property after a severe storm. If the damage to your roof is directly over your living space, leaking water can damage the interior of the house. Move valuables away from the affected area and place a garbage can or bucket under the leak. The “strapped tarping method” can be used in case the damage is serious.
- Contact a reliable professional roofing contractor that is certified. Repair companies and roofers in your area may be busy if area damage is extensive. Many of the traveling contractors in your area who make it a practice to follow storms may provide substandard workmanship since they have no reputation to uphold. You will want to employ a company with a good reputation.
How Can Ascension General Contractors Help Me With Roof Repair After A Storm?
Ascension General Contractors:
- Are specialists in repairs after insurance losses
- Uses clear communication from start to finish
- Streamlines your repairs right after cleanup is finished to minimize downtime
- Employs an experienced, dependable, licensed, insured, and fully bonded staff
Ascension General Contractors is a full-service repair and renovation company. We handle construction projects of all kinds, and we are proud to have served our Nashville friends and neighbors for over a decade. Read testimonials from some of our clients to learn more about us.