Selecting the right contractor for your Nashville home or business renovation project means you will have confidence in the outcome.
A general contractor should be well-versed in construction and remodel projects, but some prefer to specialize in certain types of jobs. Finding the right general contractor can be challenging, but asking all the right questions will help you choose the right one for your project and ensure that your remodel goes smoothly.
What Should I Ask My General Contractor Before I Hire Them?
Before you hire a contractor, you need to know:
- How long have you been in this business? Companies with experience have created systems and controls to ensure their work is on time, on budget, and of the highest quality.
- Are you licensed for this type of work? Ask for a copy of their license and contact the issuing authority to ensure it is current and in good standing.
- Which types of insurance do you carry? Your contractor should have general liability insurance that protects your home and property in the event of an accident, and they should also carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Can you provide a list of references? One of the best ways to learn more about a potential general contractor is from credible sources.
- What is your typical payment schedule? Discuss payment terms before work begins, including payment amounts, key deliverables, and due dates.
- How do you communicate with your clients? You should have a designated point of contact and details about the best way to get in touch. Whether this is by phone, text message, or email, it’s essential to get ahold of someone on your contractor’s team as soon as possible. Your contractor should also offer a plan for staying in touch.
- Will you obtain all the required building permits? A reputable general contractor will know which building permits are required, and they should handle this for your project directly.
- What is your estimate for the timeline of completion? Homeowners must clearly understand when contractors will start and complete a project and be aware of any circumstances that might affect that schedule.
- Will I have a dedicated team working on my project? Contracting companies often work on multiple projects at a time, so it’s essential to verify that you can count on consistency in who comes to work on your remodeling project daily.
- How will you clean up at the end of your working day? Keeping a clean, clutter-free workspace once the team has left for the day includes putting away tools and materials.
Why Should I Choose Ascension General Contractors For My Remodeling Project?
At Ascension General Contractors, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our communication throughout the process of your claim, repair, or remodel. When it comes to your home, you must have a team of experienced professionals you can trust!
Our team is:
- Fully bonded
We are a full-service general contracting company with extensive experience in both residential and commercial property repair and renovation. Call us at (615) 802 9025 for more information.