A bar/entertainment center in your basement or other living space is essential for get-togethers with friends or family. You can also use it as a place to dine, watch the ballgame, place cards, or enjoy your favorite adult beverage. If you’re going to DIY, you’ll need some basic woodworking skills.
What Will I Need If I Build My Home Bar By Myself?
Keep reading to find out what you need to create your home bar/entertainment center and the steps to assemble it.
- TOOLS. Screw gun (impact driver)- 18 V Milwaukee 1/4″ Impact Driver, 3″ outdoor screws and bit, small 1″ finish nails, Stanley Fat Max 2′ level, table saw. compound miter saw
- LUMBER. 2X4- I used six (6) 16′ 2X4s, a 4 ft x 8 ft sheet of MDF board, 1-1/2″ trim.
- Decide where to place your bar and lay out the framework.
- Putting it together and installing it comes next; make sure that it is “square” off the wall and that this is the correct dimension you want to work with.
- Construct and install support and stabilizers so the bar will be sturdy.
- Install bartop, trim, and facing.
- You can follow the instructions here for complete, in-depth instructions on your DIY project.
Can I Call Ascension General Contractors To Create My Home Bar?
You may not be a fan of doing things yourself; it may save you money, but such projects can also be stressful and confusing. With a busy lifestyle, you also may not have the time!
That’s where Ascension General Contractors comes in.
Here are some great reasons why we’re your best choice for your Nashville home bar/entertainment center project:
- At Ascension General Contractors, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and communication throughout your remodel process. It is imperative to have a team of experienced professionals you can trust in your home.
- Whether your project entails a complete remodel or repairs to your family home, Ascension General Contractors is known for our ability to align quickly with the task to keep your project running smoothly and on time.
- Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
- Our staff is experienced, dependable, licensed, insured, and fully bonded.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you through your Nashville renovation project from start to finish. We are experienced and skilled in home construction, renovation, and repair. Call us today at (615) 802 9075 or contact us online for more information.