Apartment complexes can become rundown and damaged pretty quickly due to all the traffic throughout the property. As an owner of this type of property, you know that keeping your property updated and in good repair is one of the keys to your business success. Wise and timely renovations can save you time, money, and some serious issues that can arise when living spaces begin to deteriorate. During your renovations, you can also include upgrades and amenities that will increase the property’s value, as well as its popularity among current and prospective tenants.
What Are The Top Apartment Complex Renovation Tips I Should Think About?
- Energy-Efficiency. Being environmentally responsible is an important business consideration these days. Your tenants expect you to care about the environment, and prospective residents will be looking at your property to see what you have done to fulfill that commitment. They will also appreciate that installing solar panels, adding top-grade windows and doors, and using environmentally-responsible products such as siding, paint, and trim are all great ways to enhance residents’ living experience and lower their energy costs.
- Upgraded Lighting. All external areas around your Nashville apartment complex need to be well-lit for safety. Your tenants need to be able to move about the property without fear. Interior lighting should be updated periodically to ensure that fixtures are in good repair (to avoid electrical fires), attractive, and energy-efficient, too. Using energy-efficient fixtures will add to the savings that both you and your residents can enjoy by taking this renovation step.
- Attractive Interiors And Exteriors. No one likes to live in unattractive surroundings. Keeping your apartment complex up-to-date when it comes to paint and trim both inside and outside is just one of the ways you can make sure your complex is a top choice for Nashville residents. This includes unsightly holes in walls, loose or missing roof shingles, dingy doorways. Issues like these tell a tenant or a prospective resident that the owner doesn’t care about their property.
What Are Some Top Amenities I Can Consider Adding To My Apartment Complex?
- Security. Security cameras installed in strategic spots around your apartment complex grounds will keep your property safe and damage-free. Doorbell cameras also let your tenants see who might be at their door, keeping them safer. Older residents and single tenants will be very appreciative of this addition to your apartment complex. Keep all exterior and windows in good repair, and replace any broken locks immediately. Your apartment complex will enjoy a great reputation as a safe place to live if you consistently invest in safety around your Nashville apartment complex.
- Communal Areas. Playgrounds, barbecue and party spots, pools, and areas to sit and enjoy scenery are all things that people appreciate in an apartment complex. If you have open spaces that aren’t in use, let’s talk about some ways you can make them work for you by adding communal areas for your tenants.
- Smart Appliances. Installing smart appliances in your apartment units as you renovate can be a great way to enhance the experience of your current and future tenants. Energy costs are much easier to manage when an appliance is pre-set to conserve, while these types of fixtures make life much more convenient. AGC can help you determine which items will be best for you to have installed.
The team here at Ascension General Contractors is always ready to help with all your renovation needs. As a full-service repair company, we also specialize in getting your Nashville apartment complex back in good shape if you experience damages of any kind. We are proud to have been able to partner with Nashville residents with their home and business renovation and repair needs for over ten years! Learn more about our restoration process and the types of projects we do on our website. You can also call us at (615) 802 7991 to discuss how we can help you with your Nashville apartment complex renovation.