You may be the proud owner of a new home, or you may own a home that you’re proud of – either way, you know that keeping your home looking good will maintain its value and enjoyment! Depending on your choices, your home improvement plans can increase your home’s value, so if you know that you may be selling in the near future, it will be wise to choose those projects that will bring you the greatest return on your investment (ROI).
Upgrading your landscaping is one way to increase your enjoyment in your home and its value. This type of project may not be your forte, so we’ve got some landscape ideas to inspire you.
What Are A Few Inspiring Landscape Design Ideas For Me?
The beauty of Spring and Summer in Nashville can hardly be matched in any other part of the country. Creating an oasis in your yard to make the most of that beauty can bring you great pleasure. Here are a few of the ways you can create an attractive, pleasurable environment in your yard:
- Bird and Bees. With the environment’s health in mind, many homeowners create micro-environments that attract pollinators and other creatures. Using plant species indigenous to your area automatically encourages insects, birds, and other animals to visit your yard since your plantings naturally provide them with the sustenance they need. Remember a water source, such as a birdbath, pond, or fountain.
- Small-scale Farming. Some homeowners are turning their yards into micro-farms to supplement their food sources; this can be done attractively by pairing vegetables and fruits with companion plants and flowers that attract beneficial insects and birds.
- Peace and Zen. A meditation garden is another popular choice; using Japanese and other Eastern gardening tips, you can create an outdoor space that encourages a relaxing experience for all who enter. These designs often require more maintenance than a cottage garden design, for example, so make sure you have the time and ability to provide the upkeep. You may find it wise to hire a professional gardener to help maintain it.
What Are Some Landscaping Do’s and Don’t’s?
- DO ensure that there is proper drainage throughout your landscaped area.
- DO check your slope to ensure that there is proper runoff.
- DON’T plant anything too close to your home to avoid excessive moisture buildup.
- DO consider the overall look of your neighborhood when planning your front yard landscaping so that your design choice adds to the appeal. If you are part of an HOA, you will want to check the by-laws to ensure you comply with your landscaping improvements.
- DO hire professionals like Ascension General Contractors to help plan your landscaping project.
Whether you need to create a landscape design or refresh your landscape, the Ascension General Contractors team is here to help.
We are a full-service general contracting company with extensive experience in residential and commercial property repair and renovation. We are proud to have served the Nashville community for over ten years! Learn more about us here.
Call us today at 615 750-3245, and let’s get started on your 2023 landscaping project!