One of the most enjoyable things about being a homeowner is the ability you have to change things up whenever you like; if you’re handy, you can even complete many renovation projects yourself! As warmer weather nears, you may be thinking about some outdoor projects to give your yard a new look or more functionality, or perhaps a fresh coat of paint and new flooring will help you beat the winter blues. Let’s talk about some DIY renovation projects you can do in your Nashville home in 2022!
What Are Some Easy And Budget-Friendly Nashville Home Improvement Projects For 2022?
Here are some quick and easy ways to give your Nashville home a facelift – some will take an hour or less!
- Fresh Paint. Grab a bold color – one that speaks to you and inspires you – and paint just one wall. Add some pillows, vases, or a throw rug in a coordinating color, and voila!
- New Faucet. Switch out your faucet in your kitchen, bathrooms, or both, with a snazzy new style. You can choose drawer and cabinet hardware that matches for a whole new look.
- Power-wash. A power wash will brighten any exterior and get rid of the dirt and grime that comes with winter weather. You may even see the beginning of mildew in some areas that get no sun; power washing will stop that before it becomes a serious – and costly – problem.
- New Thermostat. A programmable thermostat can help you save money, and they are easy to install.
- Clean Flooring. Deep cleaning your rugs and other surfaces can be a great way to refresh your house.
How Can I Give My Nashville Property A New Look With DIY Renovation Projects?
If you’re a bit handier and have a bit more time, there are lots of projects you can undertake that will give your Nashville home a whole new look.
- New Deck. You may want to create an outdoor space in anticipation of the warmer weather coming, or you may need to refinish your existing deck to protect it and help it last longer. Both of these projects can be completed by a homeowner who is willing to do a bit of research. (Of course, if you need the help of a professional renovation contractor, you know that Ascension General Contractors is here to help!)
- Start A Compost Pile. Perhaps you would like to grow your own food; it’s a popular trend these days. Creating a compost pile allows you to support the health of your soil while giving you a way to recycle household waste. You will want to do some research to learn how to build your compost pile correctly. This may not sound like a renovation project, but you can start that kitchen garden you’ve been dreaming of!
- Vinyl Tile. You can transform any room in your Nashville home by installing vinyl flooring tile. There are many different styles to choose from, and this is another popular DIY project.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you with all your home renovation projects. We’ve worked with many of your Nashville friends and neighbors; you can read some of their testimonials to find out more about their experiences. Contact us to talk about your renovation plans!