Is your bathroom looking a bit dated? Are you tired of the decor and fittings? Perhaps your color scheme needs to be revisited. A bathroom renovation can be an exciting project to complete, and today we’re going to share some tips with you that will help you decide what you want to do to refresh one of the most vital rooms in your Nashville home.
What Are Some Inspiring Home Improvement Suggestions For My Bathroom?
Bathrooms are the number one place homeowners love to remodel. Since bathrooms are smaller than kitchens, the job is easier – and faster. This reduced space means your costs will be reduced: less flooring and paint, fewer cabinets, and smaller countertops.
- Add Space. In a tight space, don’t build out: build in. Built-ins such as recessed soap dishes, medicine cabinets, and toilet roll holders give you more available room. You may even want to build extra storage space into your walls.
- Light Colors. To make a small bathroom look more roomy, use a color palette in the white-or-light color spectrum. This is because dark colors make a room feel smaller and even claustrophobic.
- Flexible Fixtures. Many interior decorators recommend having one freestanding piece, such as a decorative chair or cupboard, as a design element. This decorative piece can also serve a practical use as a place to store towels, soaps, or other small items to make up for their footprint.
How Can My General Contractor Help Me With My Bathroom Renovation?
Home renovations of any kind are big undertakings, and a bathroom is no different – even if it is a smaller space. You may be a very handy person, used to working with tools and materials, so taking on your bathroom renovation as a DIY project might be possible for you. Hiring a general contractor will save you a lot of time, however, and if you have a career, family, and a full calendar, hiring one might be a smart decision.
- Your Source. A general contractor offers services in everything that you will need for a renovation project. Therefore, you simply tell them what you need, and they will do all of the arranging, coordinating and scheduling to get your project finished in a timely manner.
- Security. If something goes wrong during your renovation, you’re responsible for the damages if you’re doing it yourself. On the other hand, if you use a general contractor, everything will be covered if a problem arises because general contractors have liability insurance.
- Save Time. If you try to take care of renovations yourself, you’ll spend most of your time researching and teaching yourself how to do the project, purchasing the right tools, and playing a game of trial-and-error. This means that your project will take much longer to be completed. Using the services of a general contractor – who already has the skills, tools, and resources in place to complete your project – will mean your bathroom will be updated much more quickly.
The Ascension General Contractors team is skilled, experienced, licensed, insured, and fully bonded. We are proud to have served the Nashville community for over ten years! We handle all types of construction/renovation projects, from decks and roofing to additions and remodeling. Lastly, if you have any questions call us at (615) 802 9063 today!