When it’s time to think about renovating your Nashville home, and you know it will involve more than one room, you may wonder where to start!
How Do I Decide Where To Start In My Nashville Home Renovation?
You’ll need to ask yourself a few questions to help you determine where to start in your home renovation project.
- Has there been damage to your home? If so, which room has sustained the most damage?
- Are there dangerous or unhealthy conditions in any of the rooms of your home?
- Is your family growing quickly? Do you need to gain extra space right away?
- Are you planning on selling your home in the near future? Which renovation project will appeal to a prospective buyer the most?
- Are there some renovation tasks you can do yourself before hiring a professional?
- Are your projects purely cosmetic, or do they involve structural issues?
- Can you complete the renovation without undue stress and strain on the people who live in the home?
What Are Some Top Renovation Trends For My Nashville Home?
- Rising interest rates and real estate costs create an increase in the need for multi-dwelling residences. Many people are choosing to purchase homes with a friend or family member to increase their purchasing power, intending to split the house into multiple dwellings or add an accessory apartment.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are high-use areas of the home. Projects like updating cabinetry, switching out countertops, adding light fixtures, changing faucets, and replacing old appliances can take center stage in your renovation plans.
- Regardless of what kind of renovation you’re doing, using materials with a minor environmental impact is essential. Lean towards recycled and bio-based materials like concrete, quartz, agates, natural stones, and wood.
Are you looking for licensed and professional contractors in Nashville? At Ascension General Contractors, we are fully licensed and insured and proud to serve the Nashville community as general contractors.
We are also experts in working with insurance companies when claims are involved.
Call us at (615) 802 9025 today, and let’s start creating your Nashville home renovation project!