Any repairs or upgrades you make to your Nashville home must be done right. Hiring the best contractor for your remodel or repair plan and working with them throughout the process will help it to run smoothly and give you results that satisfy you.
How Do I Select The Right Contractor For My Nashville Remodel Or Repair Project?
Finding the right general contractor can be challenging, but we have some tips to share with you today that can help:
- Your friends, relatives, and neighbors can often be your best resource in finding reputable candidates. You can also ask people in the building industry or research contractors who get rave reviews.
- Interview at least three contractors, and ask lots of questions. You should also get a written bid from each for comparison. Don’t be afraid to negotiate, either.
- A general contractor should be well-versed in construction and remodel projects; remember that some prefer to specialize in specific jobs. Be clear about your needs as you talk to candidates.
- Most municipalities don’t require you to use a licensed contractor, but larger projects almost always need the expertise of a licensed professional with years of experience. Licensed contractors carry liability insurance and worker’s compensation for their crews, which can protect you if an injury occurs on the job site.
- Contact your area disciplinary boards, the Better Business Bureau, and your local court records to find out if there have been any issues or litigation involving your candidates.
What Can I Do To Make My Contractor’s Job Easier?
A homeowner can make a general contractor’s job much easier- or more challenging. Here are some ways you can work with your contractor:
- Ask the contractor what type of communication he prefers. Good options include:
- Be onsite and talk with your contractor every morning before they begin work.
- Have your contractor’s cell phone number and their OK to call or text anytime.
- Talk with the job foreman every day at a pre-determined time.
- Be proactive about checking your contractor’s work. The best time to check is when the crew has finished for the day. Make notes of any questions or concerns and discuss them during your daily check-in with your contractor or job foreman.
- One of the best ways to get quality work from your contractor and crew is to make them enjoy working for you. That means being decisive with the contractor – ensuring you give them a check promptly at the agreed-to points in the project.
- Be friendly and accommodating to the workers to motivate them to do their best.
Whether your project entails a complete remodel or repairs to your family home, Ascension General Contractors is known for our ability to align with projects quickly needs to keep your project running smoothly and on time.
Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you achieve your renovation and repair goals for your Nashville home or business! We have the skills and experience necessary to complete your project, and we are also a full-service repair company. Call us today at (615) 802 9025, and let’s get started!