Each natural disaster – hail, floods, snow, wind, ice, and tornadoes – devastates and damages Nashville’s homes. These disasters leave homeowners with substantial clean-up projects and damage they can’t do alone.
That’s where Ascension General Contractors comes in! If your home has been damaged by a tornado, we can restore it to its original condition.
How Can Ascension General Contractors Help Me Restore My Home After Tornado Damage?
- Ascension General Contractors offers full-service general contracting for commercial and residential properties in Nashville, specializing in property repair and renovation.
- Our team comprises experts with years of experience in the industry, and we are dedicated to providing exceptional services to our clients.
- AGC understands that managing repairs and renovations during the claims process can be complicated, so we leverage our industry relationships and expertise to guide our clients.
What Is AGC’s Restoration Process?
From the first contact to the end product, you can count on us to restore your home completely. Our ten-step restoration process is as follows:
- The Restoration Process begins when you contact us at (615) 750 2345 or online.
- One of our Project Managers will respond and schedule an initial meeting with the customer to assess the scope of the restoration project. Project Managers can also provide sample copies of our Contract Documents at the customer’s request and explain the process. These documents will include a copy of our “Pre-Construction” checklist and a letter outlining our process.
- If an estimate is not yet available from your Adjuster, a Project Manager will visit your home, complete a sketch of the property, and document the needed repairs with photographs and notes. They will also review our process with the customer, discuss the scope of work, and answer any questions you may have.
- The Project Manager will either review (if provided by the Insurance Adjuster) or create a preliminary estimate and identify all items that need customer input, such as color and material selections.
- If your insurance company covers this event, we ask you to sign an Authorization to Perform Services and Direction of Payment form. If this is not a covered event, and the customer (or Insurance Adjuster) is satisfied with the estimate, we will convert the estimate into a contract for signature. The estimate may include allowances for items the customer will need to select.
- The required Documents will be sent to the customer for review and approval. In many cases, this can be done via email. However, we can also schedule a meeting to review the documents with the customer before signing.
- Before commencing construction, we will review the “Pre-Construction Checklist” and provide the customer with a list of actions they must complete, including the needed date. This would include any selections they have not yet completed. It may also include approvals from their Homeowners Association and Mortgage Company.
- During construction, we will provide weekly updates on the project’s status. We may also schedule progress inspections at various stages of construction with the customer if needed.
- As the construction phase comes to a close, a Quality Control Inspection will be completed by the assigned contractor. If needed, we can schedule a walk-through with the customer to present the completed project and answer any questions they may have.
- After the customer has signed our Affidavit of Completion indicating acceptance of the work performed, we will ask them to complete a Customer Satisfaction survey.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you through your Nashville renovation project from start to finish. We are experienced and skilled in home construction, renovation, and repair. Call us today at (615) 802 9075 or contact us online for more information.