You’ve probably heard it said: “To thine own self be true.” And that’s a great rule of thumb to follow in many aspects of life, including your home renovation project!
When planning to remodel your home, you want to be sure that the result reflects who you are and your unique style; to achieve this, you need to be confident in your likes and dislikes, way of living, commitments, and even future. Tapping into your unique tastes instead of following what’s “on trend” will help you create a living space that will be authentically yours for years to come.
Before you start shopping for paint, sit down and reflect. We’ve got a list of questions you can ask yourself to get your creative juices flowing.
How Can I Determine What My Own Personal Style Is?
You may be one of those people who knows precisely what they want when it comes to home design, but if you’re like most people, you may be a little unclear in the beginning. Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- What kind of lifestyle do you lead? Quiet and reflective? Outdoorsy and active? Busy and social?
- How many people live in your home? Do others enjoy quiet corners for contemplation? Do you have children? Do you homeschool? How many pets do you have?
- What is your idea of the perfect home? A farm? An artist’s studio? A party place? A cozy cottage? A cabin?
- Do you enjoy green spaces and gardens? Are you into sustainability and recyclable materials? Is urban industrial chic your favorite look? Or does an eclectic bohemian vibe resonate with you?
Answering the questions above – and others that will naturally spring from them – will help you understand your style better. You can decide what you want to create in your Nashville home from there.
What Are Some Important Elements Of Personal Style In A Home Remodel?
Your general contractor or architect will work with you to create the blueprint for your space, and here is where you add those unique architectural touches, including custom windows, alcoves, customized storage, and other elements specific to your house.
Once you have planned the space, you must choose the materials and other elements to fill it and make it yours.
- Choose your colors.
- Choose your textiles.
- Choose art, decorative pieces, plants, etc.
- Choose wood, metals, surfaces, countertops, hardware, appliances, and floor coverings.
Contact us at Ascension General Contractors to discuss how we can help you complete your Nashville home renovation project. Our team can guide you through your residential improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.