Remodeling with your Return On Investment (ROI) in mind is a smart move. Your home is a substantial financial venture, and any money you put toward it needs to increase your enjoyment of the home now and add value that you’ll recoup when you sell.
If you’re considering investing in a major remodeling project for your Nashville home, we’ve got some home improvement project ideas for you that will provide the best return on investment for homes nationwide, according to Remodeling Magazine’s 2021 Cost vs. Value Report.
What Are Some Quick And Inexpensive Ways To Increase My Home’s Value?
- The first thing buyers will see is the exterior of your home, whether they are sitting at the curb or looking at a digital image. No matter how they see your house for the first time, your home must make an unforgettable first impression.
- Painting your front door can have a significant impact. In a Zillow 2018 Paint Color Analysis, homes with charcoal, smoky-black, or jet-black front doors sold for a $6,271 premium.
- Making the entire exterior pop with a new coat of paint can help, too. Real estate agents often recommend that sellers paint their homes.
- Giving your bath a facelift doesn’t mean you need to rip out tile or add new fixtures. Most sellers make improvements to their bathrooms before selling, and these can be simple.
- Update the look of your bath by installing new vanity lights.
- Instead of replacing your tub, just caulk or reglaze.
- Upgrade fixtures with a spa ambiance in mind, like putting in a rain shower head.
- Sprucing up the flooring of the home is another smart ROI project that sellers often choose to take on.
- Deep clean wall-to-wall carpets.
- Buff out or refinish hardwoods, especially when there are signs of hard use.
- If your flooring needs replacement, you might want to consider herringbone parquet flooring, which Zillow research found to add a 5% premium on the sale price of your home.
What Are Some Higher-Value Projects I Can Complete To Add To The Worth Of My Nashville House?
- Buyers often favor designs that are entirely or partially open around the living room, dining room, and kitchen, so removing walls to give your home that open feeling may be a good choice for added value.
An open arrangement allows for more natural light, which is always inviting. You’ll want to work with a general contractor for this type of job since wall removal and maintaining structural support require professional skills.
- Appliances with the Energy Star symbol – the federal certification that the device reduces energy use without sacrificing performance – are high on the list for home buyers. Buyers of all economic backgrounds ranked Energy Star-rated windows among their most desired features. What’s more, replacing double-hung windows with insulated vinyl windows recovers almost ¾ of the cost, according to Remodeling Magazine.
Whether you’re thinking about selling your home in the next year or two or you want to upgrade your home for more comfort, space, or energy savings, Ascension General Contractors can help you get the job done right. We can sit down with you and discuss many more options in addition to those we shared today that will bring more value to your Nashville home. We’re also a full-service repair company, and we’re ready to assist with any maintenance issues or emergencies you may experience. Contact us today, and let’s get started!