Construction and remodeling jobs can be costly, so you need to know how to get the very best price quote from your general contractor. A reputable contractor will have your best interests in mind, even while ensuring that their business comes out ahead.
For that very reason, getting the best price on your construction project starts with finding the right contractor!
Let’s talk about some best practices for you to use in selecting the best general contractor candidate for your construction project.
What Should I Look For When Searching For My General Contractor?
You should be on the lookout for several things as you shop for your general contractor and several ways to get the information you need.
- Pro Tip: It’s Not Just About The Money. Even though we are talking about money, remember that hiring the wrong contractor can be costly, so don’t just automatically go for the least expensive person! If you hire someone who says they will do it for less and they end up giving you shoddy work, it will end up costing you far more over the long run to have hired them.
- Find Happy Customers. Happy customers will be glad to tell you about their experience with a general contractor. So will the unhappy ones. Talk to people in your neighborhood or other networks who have had renovations or construction done and see who they hired. Would they hire them again?
- Do Some Sleuthing. Researching your candidate yourself is the best way to discover what you want to know. You can always check with the Nashville Better Business Bureau to see if anyone has filed a complaint against them, for example. An internet search to find out if the name of their company comes up concerning scams or issues – or awards and commendations – will tell you a lot.
How Can I Be Sure I Am Getting The Best Price For My Nashville Construction Project?
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. When you gather estimates, you can always negotiate the project’s cost with any contractor. Many general contractors are willing to negotiate their prices and terms if they compete for a job.
- The time of year matters. General contractors may be more willing to negotiate for a lower price depending on the season. To save money, compare cost estimates from various companies during the slower seasons. For example, if you live in a colder climate, you should wait until the winter to call contractors for estimates.
- Cut out the middle man. You can pay for subcontractors or material supplies directly. Most contractors offer to purchase the supplies you need for the project and include their cost estimate in the contract or bill you for them later. The contractor usually already has a supplier they like, so that prices can be higher due to convenience.
Here at Ascension General Contractors, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work throughout the process of your claim, repair, or remodel. When it comes to your home, it is imperative to have a team of experienced professionals you can trust when it comes to your home. Whether your project entails a full remodel or repairs to your family home, Ascension General Contractors is known for our ability to quickly align with project needs to keep your project running smoothly and on time.
Take some time to see what your Nashville friends and neighbors say about their experiences with AGC here. You can find out more about the projects we do by visiting our website. Call us today at (615) 802 9331!