A general contractor can help you with your homeowners’ insurance claim.
The most common service provider needed after damage to your Nashville home or business is going to be a contractor, giving you the peace of mind that comes with knowing the job is done right.
What Will My Contractor Handle During The Insurance Claims Process?
A contractor will play a vital role in your claims process by:
- Being responsible for completing repairs and restorations in a timely manner
- Managing the employees and subcontractors
- Ensuring that the quality of work meets set standards
What Can I Expect From My General Contractor?
You should expect your contractor to provide you with:
- A written estimate that details costs of materials, labor, and the type of work to be done
- A general time frame the work will be completed within
- Their license number, the number of their liability insurance policy, and the amount of insurance they carry
- Their years of experience
- A guarantee of their work
Contractors will typically guarantee their work for a specific period of time, and during that time, they will come back and make repairs at no additional charge. So, if you use the contractor your insurance company chooses, your insurer should guarantee the work themselves. Therefore, no matter which way you go, make sure to get all guarantees in writing!
Once your insurance company has determined the costs necessary to repair your property, your general contractor may need to negotiate the price with your insurer. However, if they cannot agree, you may end up paying the difference.
Many of us like to do things ourselves, but when filing a homeowner’s insurance claim for damages, you need to make sure the work is done correctly and is up to code. Therefore, hiring a contractor with the necessary knowledge and skills will mean that your renovation or repair projects are done right. Here at Ascension General Contractors, we are full-service repair specialists, and we can help you with the repairs you need. Call us today at (615) 802 9025!