Summer in Nashville is a beautiful time of year! Everyone’s excited to enjoy the warm weather and spend time outdoors with friends and family. Your summer months will be filled with fun activities, even at home – especially if you have an outdoor living space designed with that in mind.
If you haven’t created your outdoor living space just yet, now is a great time to talk about how to get started so you can be ready to enjoy it in the coming months.
What Are Some Top Trends In Outdoor Living Spaces This Year?
Every year brings exciting design trends to the forefront. Let’s talk about some fascinating examples you might consider for your own outdoor living space plan:
- Hot Tub. This addition to our yards never seems to get old. Add a tub to an existing entertaining space or situate one in a hideaway nook for the ultimate backyard oasis.
- Kitchen Garden. People have become more interested in growing at least some of their own food in 2022. You can try hanging planters, planters, and vases on tables and wall planters, while opting for boxes, potted trees, and raised garden beds on the ground. Mix plant types for a pleasing aesthetic: veggies grown with flowers create an eclectic look while saving space and creating more biodiversity to encourage insects to pollinate.
- Granny Quarters. You might even consider this a tiny house! These small quarters can be used for anything; you can turn it into a hotel-like bedroom for an all-purpose guest house or furnish it with a pool table and TV for a next-level mancave.
What Are Some Top Tips To Keep In Mind As I Plan My Outside Space?
Once you’ve decided it’s time to bring your dream to life, there are some essential factors you’ll want to keep top of mind.
- Your budget. This isn’t a very exciting piece of the puzzle, but it’s the most important. Make sure you know how much you want to spend on creating your outdoor space. There are so many exciting possibilities that it can be easy to get swept away by them all.
- Your space. Every yard is different, so you may want to work with a contractor to determine how much you can fit into your area.
- Your materials. Once you have planned your outdoor living space, you’ll need to think about the materials you want to use in its construction. New materials can be costly, while those that have been reclaimed can be a great choice – both in lowering your costs and in your overall aesthetics. Your general contractor will help with this since they have connections for all kinds of resources.
The team at Ascension General Contractors is here to help you create the perfect outdoor living space for your Nashville home. We handle all aspects of remodeling, and you can learn more about our projects here.
We’re proud to have served our friends and neighbors in the Nashville community for over a decade! Read what previous clients say about what we do here.