The bathroom is probably the busiest room in any house, and it often happens that when we see something every single day we stop paying attention to the details. Paint gets scratched and floors get dented, and we are too busy to notice. The styles and trends change from year to year, and as time goes by, our bathroom becomes dated and run-down, or maybe we decide we want to move to a new place.
When should you remodel your bathroom?
- Leaks. The biggest reason you may want to remodel your bathroom is if you have developed some leaks from faulty fixtures or pipes. Whether you will just be upgrading your bath and sink fixtures or doing a complete replacement of all your piping, this remodel project will bring you peace of mind.
- Selling. If you are thinking about selling your home, a remodeled bathroom will bring you a solid return on your investment. A buyer will love the idea that the bathroom is updated and won’t need any serious attention for a few years to come.
- Chips and Cracks. Fresh paint and caulking are two simple and inexpensive materials you can use to give your bathroom a little facelift. If you are doing a larger remodel, you want all the little issues to be taken care of as you complete your project.
- Space. If your family is growing, a bathroom remodel will give you more space. Taking out unnecessary walls, adding fixtures, reconfiguring cabinets – all these aspects can accommodate an expanding family.
- Out of Style. Maybe you just noticed that your bathroom is way out of date. With all the new products and materials on the market, you can really have fun with your remodel project! Choosing energy-efficient materials and fixtures and keeping it all eco-friendly can save you money, both today and in the days to come.
These are a few of the reasons that you may want to consider remodeling your bathroom. Ascension General Contractors is here to help you with all your remodeling. We are full-service repair specialists!