During the winter months, Nashville homeowners face many challenges that arise from freezing weather. You have probably dealt with frozen pipes, fallen trees, and other winter weather-related issues in the past, so you know these kinds of things happen without any warning. Winter-proofing your home is the best way to avoid winter-related issues, so today, we will share some winter-proofing tips for you to use to keep your Nashville home protected.
How Do I Keep My Home In Good Repair During A Nashville Winter?
Winter weather in Nashville can be unpredictable. Some years, residents may experience very little snow, while others can produce snowfall that shuts the city down. Many Nashville residents still remember the blizzard of 1993!
Here are a few tips to help you get ready for whatever comes:
- Have a professional home repair company inspect and perform routine maintenance on your air ducts, HVAC system, chimney, and dryer vents. You will extend the life of your essential services by having them regularly maintained. Many HVAC service providers offer annual contracts to check and service your units in the spring and fall. They may also provide a bonus of emergency priority service for clients with annual contracts.
- Properly insulate all water pipes along exterior walls, as well as any exposed to unheated interior locations. Turn off the water supply to outdoor spigots and drain them; you may consider installing freeze-proof outdoor faucets. Open all rooms, enclosures, and cabinets that contain water pipes to help keep them warm. In extreme sub-zero temperatures, keep water flowing by turning faucets on just enough to create a slight drip.
- High winds, snow, and sleet can turn trees and landscaping into severe threats to your home. You should top off and trim back any trees or tree branches that could fall and cause significant damage to your home.
Why Is Ascension General Contractors My Best Choice For Full-Service Home Repair?
If winter weather damages your Nashville home, we’re here to help you return to normal.
Your choice of a contractor is pivotal in getting the result you are hoping for. Hiring Ascension General Contractors means you will be working with
- An experienced, dependable, licensed, insured, and fully bonded staff
- Our experience and insurance industry relationships give us the unique ability to guide you through the often complicated process of working with insurance during the claims process.
- The Ascension General Contractors team is known for its ability to quickly align with your project to keep it running smoothly and on schedule.
- Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
- Your Nashville friends and neighbors who have worked with us have some good things to say about what we do! Read their testimonials here.
At Ascension General Contractors, we are committed to completing renovation and remodeling projects in a timely and professional manner. We are your full-service repair company, proud to serve Nashville business owners and operators.