Spring is the time of year when we deep clean our homes and businesses. Brighter sunlight means that the dirt and dust of winter will be all too apparent, and with the longer days, we have more time to complete these kinds of projects, too. Your Nashville home or business will look and feel better after a deep Spring cleaning.
The best way to prepare for a big project like Spring cleaning is to make a list of everything that needs to be accomplished. Before you start your checklist, here are some things you need to do:
What Are Some Preparations I Should Make Before I start My Spring Cleaning Project?
Before you get out your notepad and pen, you need to take stock of what will require your attention.
- Inspect your exterior. Look for damage, mold, discoloration, and needed repairs on your building exterior. Roofing, windows, doors, walkways, and parking areas need to be inspected closely. While you complete your cleaning tasks you can make arrangements for repairs to be done at a later date.
- Inspect your interior. Your flooring has probably taken a beating during the wet months of winter.
- Examine carpets, rugs, linoleum, and wooden surfaces to see what will need to be done. Each type of flooring requires different cleaning products and methods, so be sure to note what you will want to have on hand.
- Walls and baseboards will need to be assessed and cleaning arranged. You may need to paint, too.
- Windows, windowsills, and window treatments – such as blinds, shutters, drapery, etc. – will probably need to be refreshed, so take a look and see if they need to be on your list.
- Inspect your closets and storage. Cleaning out storage and closets is another important part of Spring cleaning.
- Door and window tracks are places that collect dust and dirt during bad weather, so check these out, too.
What Should Be On My Spring Cleaning Checklist?
Take all your notes and prioritize your cleaning process.
- DIY. At the top of your list you can place all the projects you can do yourself.
- Professionals. Next on your Spring cleaning list place all the tasks that will require a professional. Put contact info here so you don’t have to dig for it later.
- Repairs. Remember all those repair needs you noted? The next section should list repairs that need to be done.
If you want to save time you can use printable Spring Cleaning Checklists. There are many to choose from so you will be able to select the one that suits your situation best.
When it’s time to tackle those repairs, Ascension General Contractors is only a phone call away! You can reach us at (615) 802 7991. We handle all types of repairs and improvement projects. Our restoration process ensures that all your needs are met in a timely and professional manner.