After your Nashville home or business experiences damage, you’ll need to engage professionals to help you get back to normal. One of the first professionals to call is your insurance claims representative, while the next one should be a general contractor. A reliable general contractor will be able to work together with your insurance company to ensure your needs are taken care of on time.
What Does A General Contractor Handle During The Insurance Claims Process?
A general contractor’s role in an insurance claims process is:
- Completing repairs and restorations promptly according to all code requirements.
- Managing employees, trades, and subcontractors who are working on your project.
- Ensuring that the quality of work meets set standards
- Your general contractor may need to negotiate the price with your insurer once the costs have been determined.
What Information Should I Ask My General Contractor To Provide?
You will need your general contractor to provide you with appropriate information during your insurance claims process. For example, at the beginning of the project, you will want to have on hand:
- A written estimate that details costs of materials, labor, and the type of work to be done
- A general time frame for the completion of your project
- Their license number, the number of their liability insurance policy, and the amount of insurance they carry
- Their years of experience
- A guarantee of their work
During your Nashville home restoration project, you can also expect your contractor to communicate with you and your insurance representative, keeping you up to date on the repairs and the progress. If any changes need to be made, a reliable contractor will document those and give you and your adjustor copies.
Your general contractor will guarantee their work for a specific period, and they will come back and make repairs at no additional charge during that time frame. Your insurance company may have chosen the contractor. If that is the case, your insurer should guarantee the work themselves. Make sure to get all guarantees in writing.
Hiring a contractor with the necessary knowledge and skills will mean that your Nashville renovation or repair projects are done right. We are specialists in repairs after insurance losses and provide our clients with clear communication from start to finish.
Here at Ascension General Contractors, we are full-service repair specialists, and we can help you with all the repairs you need. Call us today at (615) 802 9025!