Home is where the heart is, and it’s the place where all your most precious memories are made. With the holidays just a few weeks away, you may be prepping for visitors and guests, and that could also mean that you’re considering renovating your Nashville home to make it as welcoming as possible.
For example, if you plan on having houseguests, you’ll want to ensure that their bedroom accommodations are comfortable. Do you need to create more storage space? Are a fresh coat of paint and new flooring in order?
Let’s talk about some top renovation ideas you can use to help prep your home for the holidays.
How Do I Begin Planning My Nashville Home Renovation?
First things first, of course.
- Have a good idea about what kind of home remodel you want, whether a full-scale remodel or a new addition to your home, so you can avoid delays by knowing the cost and remaining on budget. You’ll also want to take into account the length of time your renovation might take.
- As you’re calculating your budget, make room for the unexpected. Materials may not be available right when you need them, for example, or prices may go up between your starting point and purchase date; this is especially true of natural materials, such as wood.
- Decide whether you can do it yourself or hire a contractor. If you hire a professional, be clear about your timeframe to ensure an accurate completion date. Believe your contractor says it can’t be done until after the holidays!
What Are Some Design Tips To Make The Most Of My Nashville Home During The Holidays?
- Open-concept floor plans are a hot trend today. It creates more space for you and your guests, which can be helpful if you entertain during the holidays.
- Purchase practical items and ones that are quick and easy to install. A high-quality showerhead, some fresh paint, and upgraded hardware in your bathroom can give you a whole new vibe without breaking the bank – and you can get it all done before your guests arrive.
- Consider adding a walk-in closet or additional storage. If visitors stay awhile, do they have spots to put all their belongings? Perhaps a holiday party is on the horizon. Would a butler’s pantry or expanded wine rack and bar be a savvy addition to your home?
At Ascension General Contractors, we are specialists in renovations and repairs with clear communication from start to finish. Learn more about our projects here. Contact us online or by phone at (615) 802 9063 to discuss your renovation and repair needs.
We’re proud to have served the Nashville community for over a decade!