You may have decided that it’s time to sell your Nashville home this year. Are there some improvements that need to be made before you sell? Or do you want to make some home improvements to increase your return on investment (ROI)?
Some home improvement projects make sense, such as having a dingy and outdated kitchen or some leaky fixtures in your bathroom. Other projects will give your home curb appeal, which is what brings a prospective buyer in your front door. Let’s talk about improvements you can make to your Nashville home before selling.
Which Home Improvements Impress Prospective Buyers The Most?
The home improvement projects that impress prospective homebuyers the most add the most significant value to the home.
- Energy efficiency is one of the most desired home features for buyers. Such features as energy-efficient appliances, energy-efficient lighting, and modern windows and doors lower energy costs, while energy-efficient heating and air conditioning systems are also highly valued by homebuyers. A prospective homebuyer will also want to know if your home is well-insulated.
- Homebuyers are often willing to pay more for wood floors due to their contemporary look, durability, and ease of keeping them clean. Authentic hardwood flooring is also easier to refinish than engineered wood flooring, although the engineered wood floor will be less expensive and give you that coveted hardwood look.
- The laundry room is at the top of the list of specialty rooms. Many buyers consider laundry rooms a must-have feature due to their convenience and high functionality. A dedicated space to take care of the ironing, sorting, folding, and other tasks involved in “doing laundry” helps make life easier.
Which Home Improvements Will Give Me The Best ROI When I Sell My Nashville House?
There are many home improvement projects to choose from, and some might seem to be a great addition to your house. However, if you are doing these improvement tasks to make your home more attractive to a buyer, why not choose those that will bring you a good return on that investment? Here are some of the best home improvement investments you can make:
- The home improvement project with the most significant ROI is remodeling the bathroom. However, you don’t have to re-do everything unless your bathroom has fixture issues. Do replace anything that isn’t functioning well or is old and visually unattractive. Try replacing the showerhead with a rain shower; it’s a feature many homebuyers find attractive. You can replace your vanity with something visually exciting and on-trend and update lighting to brighten the space.
- New landscaping could be just what your Nashville home needs to look fresh and appealing. Few home improvement projects bring back a bigger return! The aesthetic appeal of your front and backyards are the first thing buyers see, so it’s essential to make an excellent first impression by updating your landscaping. Remember that the best landscaping designs are simple, trimmed, and clean. Make sure it doesn’t give the buyer the impression that they will be spending all their weekends caring for it!
- Outdoor living space is something that will attract every homebuyer. You can provide a space like this with a new deck, patio, or porch. The addition of an exterior structure like these can add a lot of perceived value to a home. Each of these could increase the usable living space in your yard and could be a big selling point.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you with all your home improvement projects. We are also a full-service repair company, so you can count on us when you are faced with items that need to be fixed. Contact us anytime to talk about what you need to be done around your home. Check out our testimonials page to see what your friends and neighbors say about us!