No matter how long you’ve lived in your home, there will come a time when you start thinking about ways to make it better. A well-done renovation project will bring you a solid financial return, increase your comfort, upgrade your aesthetics, or add some fun. Maybe all of the above!
Read on for some good reasons why a renovation to your Nashville home may be a great idea.
Why Should I Plan A Renovation Project For My Nashville Home?
- Don’t renovate solely to impact the future sale price of your property; this will leave you living in a house that doesn’t feel like a home. Renovating to satisfy your comfort and enjoyment is more critical than capitalizing on the potential selling price.
- Updating your home’s style can be based on new trends or a way to prepare a house for sale, and your best bet will be to use timeless styles that add style and sophistication. Your bathroom might function just fine, but installing new plumbing is never the wrong time!
- If your home renovations are done professionally by quality home renovators, you may see a more significant profit on your home sale. Never a bad thing.
What Five Some Budget-Conscious Renovation Projects For My Nashville Home?
Now that we’ve discussed why you should renovate, let’s discuss how you can do it without increasing your financial burden!
- Add slim, open shelves to gain storage and more. They can be used to create a display with baskets, decorative accents, and even household items. Other storage options come in various styles, including tiered carts, leaning ladders, and apothecary cabinets, and are intended to maximize vertical space. They’re an attractive and inexpensive storage option and practical, too.
- If your kitchen cabinets are in decent shape, you can indulge in new countertops and upgrade one of the hardest-working surfaces in your home. The smaller square footage you have to cover, the lower your cost, which means you might be able to afford a more expensive material. Ask your local stone and tile company about seconds or remnants to save even more.
- Stand-alone tables or cabinets can be a budget-friendly island for your kitchen; add rolling casters so you can move it at will! The more extras you add – perhaps a cabinet with drawers – the more it will cost, so if a super-low budget is your goal, start with a simple table.
- Toilet paper holders and towel bars are nothing special typically, but these two accessories represent a chance for you to make your bath a little safer. Multiple companies now make A.D.A.–compliant toilet paper holders, towel bars, and other accessories that can be used safely as a grab bar. Whether you’re thinking of yourself in the future or someone else now, it’s a worthwhile investment at any time.
- You can easily add wainscoting or trim to bedroom walls or ceilings to liven up your space. You can even get the illusion of wainscoting by applying trim or lumber to outline an area of your wall and paint to tie the wall and trim together. It looks high-end without all the cost. You may want to choose prefinished millwork to cut down on labor time or finish it yourself to save even more.
Ascension General Contractors is here to help you with all your home renovation needs. We’re a full-service repair and renovation company, skilled and experienced in construction projects, from painting and roofing to decking and additions.
Our team is:
- Fully bonded
Contact us today to talk about your curb appeal projects!