At Ascension General Contractors, we provide several different payment options for our clients to help them accomplish their remodeling or renovation projects. These payment options include both “with insurance” and “without insurance,” providing our clients with the opportunity to find the best option for their project.
Keep reading to find out more.
AGC’s “With Insurance” Payment Option
All disasters can make enormous demands on insurance company personnel, especially those considered “large-loss” events.
- After a major disaster, state officials sometimes ask insurance company adjusters to see everyone who has filed a claim before a specific date. This deadline may force some to make a “rough first estimate.”
- If the first evaluation is not complete, set up an appointment for a second visit.
- The first check you get from your insurance company can often be considered an advance payment and should not be regarded as the whole claim. You can accept the check right away if you’re offered an on-the-spot settlement. Later on, if you find other damage, you can “reopen” the claim and file for an additional amount.
- Most policies require claims to be filed within one year from the date of the disaster.
- Some insurance companies may require you to sign a proof of loss form. This formal statement provides details of your losses and the amount of money you’re claiming and acts as a legal record. Some companies waive this requirement after a disaster if you’ve met with the adjuster, especially if your claim is not complicated.
AGC’s “Without Insurance” Payment Option
Non-insurance-related projects are similar but do not include an insurance provider during the estimating process.
- Ascension General Contractors will provide the homeowner with an estimate reflecting the cost and scope of work discussed during the on-site meeting with the deciding factors.
- After the estimating process has occurred and an estimating agreement has been reached, Ascension General Contractors will require a signed agreement and a deposit for mobilization.
- Deposits can range anywhere from 25- 50% of the approved estimate total, depending on the size of the project; details are agreed upon before work is performed.
Contact us if you have any more questions about our payment options.
At Ascension General Contractors, we are here to help you from start to finish.