If you are considering the sale of your existing home, either way down the road or in the immediate future, you probably have some renovations in mind. Outdated features, appliances that have seen better days, and worn flooring will all need to be replaced to increase the value of your home, but there are other improvements that will bring you a much better return on your investment:
- Added insulation. This inexpensive project tops the ROI list when it comes to cost-versus-value in home renovations. Anything that lowers energy costs is smart.
- New garage door. This item can help sell a house, and you just want to be smart about which kind to install.
- New front door. Almost 91% of your costs can be recouped on the purchase of a steel entry door!
- Landscaping. An overall landscape tops any list of good home improvement investments.
- Kitchen remodel. Going after the “wow” factor in a kitchen can be very impressive to prospective buyers. Your kitchen may not need a complete overhaul, and resurfacing cabinets or updating finishes could be beneficial.
- New windows. These will brighten up your entire home while lowering energy costs.
- Bathroom upgrades. An inexpensive, yet dramatic, way to improve the look and feel of this space is to replace the vanity, lighting, and toilet. Adding a whole new bath can be very expensive while bringing a lower rate of return. However, it may be the deal maker when a new buyer comes looking, especially if you only have one bathroom in your house right now.
- High-efficiency appliances. Anything you can do to reduce the living costs of a homeowner is a great selling point, and a buyer will pay for it. Check with your city, county, and state government to see if they offer tax incentives for these types of upgrades.
- Square footage. Refinishing an attic or basement can boost the value of a house in many areas, often dramatically.
- Paint. A fresh coat of paint can make a difference almost anywhere. Anything you can do to bring more light and brightness into a space is going to be welcome, and this upgrade is especially helpful for homeowners on a tight budget.
When it comes to renovations and upgrades, the team here at Ascension General Contractors has the knowledge and experience to be a big help to the Nashville homeowner. Visit our website, or call us today at (615) 750 2345.