Summer is just around the corner, and there are a few renovation projects you might want to consider completing before the fun starts. What about a half-bath or brand-new deck? Maybe the kitchen needs a refresh. One thing to keep in mind is the return you will receive on your investment or ROI. Reports have been done for you on cost versus value, listing what you will pay for various upgrades, and what you’ll recoup when it’s all said and done. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that the perennial chart toppers are often the cheapest to complete!
Here is a list of a few less-costly renovations to get done before the summer months begin:
- Install loose-fill fiberglass insulation in the attic space. This greatly affects those utility bills during the hotter (and colder) months in a very positive way, translating into savings for you for years to come. Not exactly sexy, but cost-effective, for sure!
- Replace an entry door with a version that boasts tough steel with a more attractive surface.
- Universal design, which is outfitting a home to meet everyone’s needs, from the very young to the young-at-heart; add to your home’s attractiveness with safety features for people who need extra assistance.
- Curb appeal projects, such as new siding and doors, upgraded landscaping, refinishing decking or adding a deck. Or maybe a new paint palette!
- Upgrade your landscaping; this isn’t really a renovation project, but it sure makes your house look fantastic!
ROI may not matter as much to you if you plan on being in the home more than 5 years, so you will want to think about all of the time to be spent there and how best to spend it. If you love to swim, then a pool may be in order. You will have to hurry to get a project of this size done by summer, so why not contact a General Contractor? Here at Ascension General Contractors, we have the experience and expertise to get those renovation projects done on time! Call us today at (615) 750 2345.