Your commercial repair project is going to be a complex undertaking with a multitude of moving pieces. A comprehensive understanding of the process will help you in ensuring that the project is completed as a quality product. The Ascension General Contractors team is here to assist you during this kind of project, and today we are sharing the phases of the process so that you know what to expect.
The process of a commercial project will include the following steps:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT. Enlist the assistance of a company that is an expert in handling construction and repair process management; their expertise will optimize the workflow and minimize the potential for problems.
- DESIGN. During this stage, your concept will be transformed into a reality, with your objectives being evaluated as to their feasibility. An initial repair design will be created by taking your desires, goals, requirements, and potential challenges into consideration, and this design will be checked against all local building codes and regulations prior to the start of the project.
- PRECONSTRUCTION. With the design established, the next step will be the preconstruction phase. It will need to be established that the construction team is ready to work together seamlessly, and the focus then becomes the best use of time, budget and other resources. Methods for construction will be chosen next, and employees are brought on board.
- PROCUREMENT. At this point, it’s time to order materials and equipment in readiness for the start of the actual work. Having all the pieces in place to ensure that work can begin as scheduled and proceed properly is critical to the success of your commercial repair project.
- CONSTRUCTION. Then the building and repair begins. Quality control, safety, and cost management are the active concerns during this phase, and the progress should be carefully monitored to make sure that issues are handled immediately; this will keep your repair project on schedule.
Here at Ascension General Contractors, we are experts at managing commercial repair projects. Call us today to find out how your project can benefit from our commercial repair management services.