A renovation of your Nashville kitchen may be on your to-do list for the new year; as you ponder your design plans, you may have some questions about the process. Friends, family, or neighbors may have already experienced a remodel and shared their opinions, but that only sometimes means you’re getting the correct information.
To help make your kitchen renovation experience as smooth and successful as possible, we would like to share some common kitchen remodeling myths you may have heard and some truths that will alleviate concern and worry!
Which Kitchen Renovation Myths Get Repeated Most Often?
Here are some of the things people often believe about renovation projects that aren’t true:
- MYTH #1: You may have been told that a kitchen remodel should cost between 5% and 15% of your home value. The truth is that this is merely just a rule of thumb. The cost of a kitchen remodel should depend on the size and scope of the project, not your home value.
- MYTH #2: A homeowner can do many DIY projects, but kitchen remodeling isn’t one of them – unless the homeowner is extremely handy. Home improvements of this nature require a team of experts that can help you address the complex tasks involved in a kitchen remodel, such as electrical work, plumbing, drywall adjustments, and more. Trained remodeling professionals will also be well-equipped to guide you through municipal coding and permit requirements.
- MYTH #3: Homeowners often say that a trendy kitchen will enhance your home value. While a modern kitchen may attract a buyer, the standard of modern is relative and will change over time. Today’s kitchen design trends may stand the test of time and become classic looks – but not all of them. You’ll want to consult an experienced architect or designer to determine which currently popular styles are likely to endure and which could date your home in the coming years.
- MYTH #4: The myth that kitchen remodels are just too expensive has convinced many homeowners to settle for less and others to scrap the idea entirely. However, all kitchen remodels are different, so the project can be inexpensive!
Why Should I Choose Ascension General Contractors To Help With My Nashville Kitchen Renovation?
At Ascension General Contractors, we want to be your “go-to” renovation and repair partners.
- We pride ourselves on our work’s quality and communication through your claim, repair, or remodel process. When it comes to your home, you must have a team of experienced professionals you can trust.
- Whether your project entails a complete remodel or repairs to your family home, Ascension General Contractors is known for our ability to align with the project’s needs quickly to keep it running smoothly and on time.
- Our team can guide you through your residential and commercial improvements to make educated decisions that best fit your needs.
Contact us at Ascension General Contractors to discuss how we can help you complete your Nashville kitchen renovation project. We are here to help dispel any fears or concerns you may have about your plan!