You may be thinking about home renovation projects in the coming year, and that can be really exciting to dream about. We really enjoy working with our clients to bring their visions to life, helping them to have the home they have always dreamed about. With that in mind, we have come across some very attractive trends on the 2020 horizon that we think you may be interested in learning more about.
Interiors for 2020 will be featuring nature-inspired materials that exude comfort and home. Wood, fiber, leather, and cozy textiles will be at the top of the list for any homeowner doing an update or a remodel.
- 2020 will be about dark wood, metals, and heavy furniture. Wood panel wall coverings are back with a flair, reminding us of bygone days.
- Trendy interiors will include furniture, ceilings, floors, and accessories made of natural fibers such as rattan, jute, and wicker. These materials add rich texture to any interior, heightening the coziness factor and elevating the welcoming feeling of your home.
- Leather has never really gone out of style, but in the new year, you just won’t be able to do without it. Leather goes great with metal, and metal is big, so home renovations and updates will have a timeless style partnership here. Indulge in a leather couch or armchair; they feel luxurious and they last for many years. There are truly exquisite faux leather versions to choose from for those who desire to move in that direction.
- Speaking of metal – metals will be at the forefront of interior design in 2020. Trendy, flashy, and rich – what’s not to like? Mirrors, appliances, furniture, light fixtures can all be added to your renovation in metal for a fantastic finish.
- Lots of variety will be key in 2020. We love that. Let’s have fun with your walls!
- The open and airy trend of the past year or two is being revisited. There are downsides to having access to all the action and noise of a busy household when some quiet is needed. You can rethink your projected floor plan to take introspection and reflection into your daily needs and find creative ways to solve this challenge. Adding a solitude garden or a meditation room to your home could be a good choice, perhaps, or maybe a reading nook in the bedroom.
- As we move into the kitchen, we can consider renovating this space to add a prep pantry. This is a spot that is designed for food prep, as the name implies. If you have a large family or do a lot of entertaining, this could be a great choice for you. A space like this will allow you to do the messier tasks in a dedicated space, leaving the island and counters for plating and pouring the wine.
- Another popular new option is that of hiding the appliances. Floor-to-ceiling storage is the perfect way to make this happen, and it can really lend a clean and streamlined feel to your kitchen area.
When it comes time to plan and execute your home renovation projects, we’re here to help. We are a full-service construction company with years of expertise in home remodels and repair projects. Call us here at Ascension General Contractors today!