With summer winding down, cooler weather will be encouraging us to turn inward and to spend more time indoors. You may be looking around your kitchen, considering the possibilities of giving it some new life with a remodel, and so we thought we would share some ideas to help you do just that. Here are a few design trends that have come on the scene recently that we think you’ll really like.
Kitchen Design Trends
- Dark Countertops and Color. Pair dark matte stone with dark-toned cabinets for a seamless look. A moody palette will add some drama to your kitchen – visual drama, that is, and that is always a showstopper. The varieties of color that you can bring in to complement your dark countertops is almost unlimited; your imagination and personality will be the driving force here as you bring a fresh, yet classic, look to your kitchen.
- Storage Walls. This addition will add a huge amount of internal storage area to your kitchen, and whether you already enjoy a dedicated pantry or not, will allow you to streamline your kitchen’s overall look by allowing you to camouflage all the many tools and appliances that are part of the average cooking space.
- Freestanding Islands. This trend is an instant classic – whether it’s a custom build or an antique piece, a footed island adds an airy feeling to your kitchen, as well as a bit of Old-World vibe. You can add plumbing if you would like it to contain a sink, too.
- Seamless Look. The current trend towards using one material for backsplashes, countertops, and shelves lends a calming, seamless vibe to kitchens, and with the frenetic pace of modern life, it’s an effective choice.
- Sinks. Crafted sinks are another way to add new life to your kitchen. From sandstone to hammered copper, sinks that have been created by a craftsman/woman will elevate your cooking spaces from average to remarkable.
When it comes to home remodels, Ascension General Contractors is here to bring your plans to life. Call us today for a consultation, and let’s work together to give new life to your kitchen!